Friday, March 9, 2012

13 years!

Today was my son, Kobe's 13th birthday. It's hard to believe that my "baby" is that old. I think back to when he was in diapers, starting preschool, and all of those other mile stones and it is hard to believe how quickly the time goes. Some of my memories of Kobe...when he was an infant-toddler, he would flail his arms when he was excited. They would flap as if he were going to take flight! I couldn't get him off of a bottle until the week before his 3rd birthday. His favorites thing was his blue blanket and his bunny/bear. He had beautiful curly blonde hair. His first word was Dad. He was never unhappy. His favorites story, that I had to read every night until he was 7 was Lou Flew. He was bouncing a basketball at 2 years old and he was afraid if fireworks. He walked at 11 months old. I could go on but I won't. :-) Happy Birthday my teenage boy. I love you! There is nothing as rewarding and painful as being a parent.





No comments:

Post a Comment